Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Apartment Up in Smoke


Well as fate would have it my move did not go without a hitch. All is now fine; I'm in my new home without too much of a loss but what a week.

Last Thursday, the day before my scheduled move, the building next to my apartment broke out into a 10-alarm fire (see link...it made headline news all over). Due to safety reasons they evacuated all 1,000 residents of my complex. Luckily I didn't suffer any extensive issues just a major inconvenience and a little water damage to some of my stuff - the firefighters had to hose down my building so as not to ignite as well.

What a mess! A big cluster____. The officials are trying to blame a cigarette that supposedly caught some mulch on fire and ran up the side of the building but I don't buy it. I think it was a gas leak. This is the second fire the complex has had in a year!

I'm just thankful no one, save a few pets, were seriously injured.

When it happened I was at the new house having appliances installed. I had to rush back and break in through the back woods in order to get Bandit. The police wouldn't let me into the complex. I was a nervous wreck but Bandit was fine just a little shaken up.

Well, I don't have Internet access yet at the new house: I'm at the library checking e-mails and what-not but figured I'd post a quick update.

11 comments:

dit said...

Glad you and Bandit are ok. Thank goodness you will soon be in your new home. Thanks for the update.

Maddog said...

I'm glad you guys are safe. Give Bandit a kiss for me.
Once you are settled in, I want to see what you've done with the place.

Take your time though. Nothing like rushing through unpacking and killing yourself, or even worse, making bad design decisions.

Creative Thinker said...

Glad the little Bandita is ok...

Will said...

Wow--that was close. I'm glad you and Bandit and your stuff made it through OK.

Donnie said...

Whew! Glad that you and Bandit weren't hurt. It's a good thing you're leaving that apartment. Big hug to you both!

Charles said...

I'm glad to hear that Bandit was okay. I can understand you being concerned about him.

Sh@ney said...

Sheesh boy, next time put the picture at the bottom so I dont draw on any conclusions before I read the post...:P OK might be my fault, but the photo sent a pretty clear message!

Thank goodness you are all OK.

afod said...

Seems like timing is everything! Glad that Bandit is OK and hopefully he is rested and back to normal by now.

afod said...

Seems like timing is everything! Glad that Bandit is OK and hopefully he is rested and back to normal by now.

Greg said...

I'm glad both you and Bandit are okay.

Kai Santorino said...

aorry to hear about your old apartment dude...