Thursday, June 12, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Awhile back, Jos over at Jos76's Blog tagged me with this meme. I'm finally getting to it.

What were you doing 10 yrs ago?

Let's see it was 1998. I was working where I currently work now but thinking about leaving which I did the following year as I embarked upon a 3 year stint as a technology consultant. My company later hired me as a consultant and eventually back to full time and I've been very happy since.

Snacks I enjoy:

I try to keep snacks to a healthy burst of protein. In the afternoon you can find me munching on almonds and other types of nuts (ahem!) or if I'm at home I'll have some hummus and pita bread.

Five things on my to-do list today:
  • Give Bandit his medicine (he has another urinary tract infection)
  • Call town hall about getting Bandit's dog license
  • Write out a check for work I had done on the garage
  • Buy a lawn mower
  • Discuss ramifications and resourcing for my projects
Things I would do if I became a billionaire:

Well wouldn't that be nice! I'd like to say I'd keep things status quo but with that much money your life is bound to change. One thing I would do is buy an RV. Spend the $5.00+ a gallon for gas, take a month or two and travel around the country with Bandit and company. Write. Publish and write some more. Oh and of course help out friends and family with a couple hundred bucks here or there.

Some bad habits:
  • Drinking too much coffee
  • Spending too much time in the bathroom (a la first bad habit)
  • Not sticking with an exercise program (I get lazy)
  • and being overly critical and demanding (especially with myself)
5 places I have lived:
  • New York City
  • Seattle/Tacoma
  • Boston
  • Peabody
  • Lynnfield
Jobs I have had:
  • Clerk in the toy department
  • Bill collector
  • Assistant teacher
  • Maintenance worker (lasted two days)
  • Manager of a temp service
Things people don’t know about me:
  • I like to collect Archie comics paraphernalia
  • I used to work for Dustin Hoffman
  • I've been in love with the same man for nearly two years (after all somethings are best kept private)

2 comments:

Maddog said...

It's the private things that interest the most. It's good to hear that your relationship is going well.

The nice thing about memes is that you get to learn a lot about people in one quick post.

dit said...

Those are some very interesting things. Thanks for sharing. You lived in Seattle? So did I.