Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Little Positive Pep Post

For a weekday morning, I slept in late. 6:00 am. I figured why not. I went to bed at a decent hour and woke at 4:30 or 5 (my usual time) but still felt like lounging in bed. So I did. I fell back to sleep and feel much better for it.

Now I haven't much morning time. I should be hitting the shower pretty soon.

I've been trying my hand at my old self-help think-positive stuff that I was so into in my 20s.

Yesterday I kept in mind that I am a spiritual being having a human experience. This is something that Wayne Dyer mentions in a couple of his books. Not to be morbid - quite the contrary - but I find it helpful to realize that this life is temporary.

"Row your boat gently down the stream...life is but a dream."

With this, I feel a comfortable balance between allowing stuff to happen and creating my own life.

So there you have it: a little positive pep post.

4 comments:

Maddog said...

I think you'd think more positively if you slept in more often. It's good sometimes just to lounge in bed. Of course I might try just the opposite sometime, cause I tend to lounge in bed way too often.

dit said...

Glad you were able to sleep in. My goodness, you wake up early. Now that I think about it, as I go to sleep, you are almost waking up. Being 3 hours behind you. Crazy, eh? Very nice post, Very nice.

beatpunk said...

I dig the positive pep talk and in such simple terms. We forget to be compassionate with ourselves so often; "rowing your boat gently" is a nice reminder to do that. Way to pamper yourself by sleeping in a bit, too. Cheers!

afod said...

This post reminds me of when I first discovered your blog (I believe) and you were offering self-help, think positive stuff. It was from June 12, 2007. As I said back then, "Thanks for sharing."