Thursday, July 31, 2008

End of July: A Pain in the Back

Can you believe it's the end of July? Today would have been my third year wedding anniversary and the X and my 15th year together. A lot has changed. Oh well... that's in the past.

My back's been bothering me this week. Ever since I mowed the lawn on Sunday - rushing to try and get it in before the rain came - it's been bugging me. I wrenched it lugging the mower back and forth without the aid of the automated "pusher-thing". I figured I'd try and get a workout while mowing. As a result, I've been living off Extra Strength Tylenol all week which dulls the pain yet makes my stomach upset.

Other than that this week's been okay. Work's been crazy. What else is new.

Tonight I'm going to the music theater to see Bye Bye Birdie. That'll be fun.

What else...

The other day I had to get my annual auto inspection sticker. Why is it that I always wait to the last minute with this? It's really not all that painful to get but I always push it off till the end of the month. And every year I say I'm going to get it over at the beginning of the month and never do. For those of you not familiar, "getting your sticker" is Massachusetts' emissions control process. It's just a big inconvenience.

Well I have an early morning meeting. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit's depressed. His ball popped. This is the third one. I'm going broke replacing them.

4 comments:

peter said...

Try a golfball... or another hard ball.

Greg said...

Sorry to hear about your back, hope the Tylenol helps! Enjoy the show tonight...

I always wait til the last minute for that new inspection sticker...I don't know why, it's not all that inconvenient or expensive! Ah, well...

dit said...

Awe, that is sad. Howcome forever got so much shorter? You seem pretty happy over all though. So maybe it was for the better? Big Hug.

OUCH! Back pain is the worst. It's why we got rid of the Miata. lol Hang in there, get one of those big blow up Balls and stretch on it? An idea.

Have fun at the play. Sounds fun.

Take care. 8-P

afod said...

It's actually depressing that August is here. It seems like we only just started to enjoy the summer weather. I'm not looking forward to those yellow contraptions filled with screaming kids hitting the roads. I hope your back is feeling better!