Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Get Out the Life Jackets


Exhausted today. Slept like sh*t last night and not very well the night before. I've had a lot on my mind - obsessing about the sump pump, work and got into an argument with a friend.

But...

The sump pump is fixed and working great. So I feel better about that.

No, the life jacket metaphor is not regarding my basement.

I am booked solid today, have already logged into the office to send out e-mails and prep for a couple meetings. I don't like feeling like I'm going in twenty-eight directions. I'm a bit of a control freak and like to be proactive not reactive. I'm usually pretty good at balancing the two but lately I feel a bit like the waters getting a little too deep.

Oh well...put the life jacket on. High tide is coming. Besides I'm a pretty good swimmer.

1 comment:

dit said...

Hang in there, I understand the feeling. One thing at a time my friend. One thing at a time. Take care and I hope all goes smoothly.