Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Keeping Up to Date

I've decided to get back to writing more regularly. This seems to be the only way people can keep up with my goings-on. Everyone is so busy. A friend of mine called me last night and told me the only way she knows what's happening with me is through Bandit Talks. I will try and be more diligent.

Update on the sump pump saga: I have my plumber-friend coming today to replace the now dead pump. I also had Basement Technologies come by yesterday to look at the situation. They gave me some good ideas and are going to get back to me with a quote. In the meantime, I can't wait any longer. I want a decent pump (or two) to keep the water table down. And my cute little plumber-buddy will take care of me.

Work is busy. Huge project going on. But I like it. I like what I do.

Thinking about heading back to the gym. I'm feeling the urge to workout and get in better shape. I need to lose a good 10 pounds anyway. Too much of a sedentary life style lately. I come home, eat a decent meal have a couple glasses of wine, read and to bed. That'll catch up with you after awhile.

So now you know why I don't write so much anymore. Boring!

Oh, I filled up on gas the other day and it cost me $67. Exciting huh? With the move I'm doing more city driving, my car went from getting 23 miles to the gallon to 20. Lovely.

3 comments:

dit said...

Rick, for what it is worth, I do not read this as "boring" it is life my friend. 8-)

Hope all this basement and pump stuff works out.

Know what you mean about the loosing a few pounds thing. We are on the South Beach. Not too bad. Gym is a good idea. Never hurt anyway. eh?

Do not even get me started on the gas prices, but . .. what are we gonna do? Take care and enjoy your day.

Maddog said...

If I worried about boring people with my daily activities I would have stopped writing two years ago. We don't mind the updates. It's nice to know how things are going. We don't even mind the complaining.

Vince said...

Rick,

You need the NexPump Sump Pump System. Forget about basement Systems... this is the system you want. I have one in my basement and there is nothing else like it anywhere. Here are just a few this this system does and it's less expensive than Basement Systems.

·Phone call & email notification during emergencies (up to 2 phones and 3 email accounts).



Call & emails when…

pump activations
power outages
low battery
sensor errors
plumbing errors


·Automatic self diagnostic check every 12 hrs (in addition to emergency notifications).

sensor check
pump check
battery check
plumbing check
phone line check


·Battery countdown timer (up to 2 batteries) will run days with no power.



·Submersible Marine pumps designed to even run in saltwater, operate independently (2500 HRS = 20 years).



·93 GPM (Industry average 30 GPM).



·3 year warranty



·Dual Sensors (no sticking floats)



·Primary or backup system



·Compact design can be sealed inside Pit