Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Update


So here I am on a Sunday morning in my house that sits on top of a river bed. This sump pump saga is stressing me out. I'm obsessing over it. It's not as if there's water in the basement mind you - it's just that the basin in which the sump pump sits is constantly full tripping off the battery back up. Now there's a bit of seepage in the cracks of the floor.

Anyway...I don't want to write about that. Enough Rick...enough!

Onto funner stuff...

Phyllis is in town. If you don't remember, Phyllis is my best friend. She lives down south and is up visiting family (and me). We had a little cookout last night and headed out to "The Club" which was actually dead for a Saturday night. Nonetheless, we had a good time. I had a little too much wine. What else is new.

No major plans today just putzing around the house. Do some chores etc. Oh and of course obsess about the basement about 10,000 times. Alright I told myself I wouldn't write about it. Ain't I just a riot? I'm my own worst enemy.

I may actually head into the office. I haven't worked on a weekend (aside from logging in and checking e-mails) in awhile. I have a lot of stuff I need to catch up on and prepare for next week's slew of meetings. But I don't really want to.

2 comments:

dit said...

In California, we do not really have basements. Hope everything with the basement works out ok.

afod said...

Perhaps a little more time away from home during the night (bike riding, walking Bandit, playing tennis ;-), will help? I hope this gets resolved soon. Although Obsession is a decent-smelling cologne. ;-)