Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kids

In keeping with yesterday's theme of money, God kids are expensive!

I think I mentioned that this weekend I'm watching the kids. We have four of them. Great kids. We took them to Bonkers Funhouse which is a Chuck E Cheese sort of place with mazes and games for them to play. Well to walk in the door it's $15 a child. That includes unlimited access to the maze and some of the little rides. What it doesn't include, and I didn't know, were the games. So after dropping $70 for admission and the mandatory socks for each kid (they have to take off their shoes yet all the kids had on sandles), we dropped another $20 on quarters for the games. Then of course there were the pizzas and movies we bought on the way home.

Okay, don't get me wrong. I'm not crying poor mouth. Obviously if I couldn't afford these things I wouldn't be doing it. I just can't imagine how some families do it.

4 comments:

afod said...

Going to the movies, getting popcorn, pop, and other candies are just as expensive. :-(

Greg said...

Try taking 4 kids to Disneyland for a day. If they're over 10 years old, it's $81/each. Throw on top of that parking, food, drinks because of the heat, a couple of souvenirs, and you could have bought a small nation.

Anthony said...

spending on our future is good economics ;)

Charles said...

I don't look forward to the Christmas. I have quite a few nieces and nephews to pay for right now.