Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Little Life


I don't have anything wonderfully transformational, unbelievably enlightening or absolutely amazing to share with you today. So I thought I'd fill you in on a typical midweek afternoon for me.

Hold onto your hats. Ready?

The other day I bought one of those new flat bread sandwiches from Dunkin Donuts.

Yes this entry is pretty simple, pretty boring but keep reading. I'd like to say that it adds value. It's still a bit entertaining.

I had to run home during my lunch hour to 1) let Bandit out and 2) make sure no one was parked in my driveway due to the house-rehab going on next door. All was well.

After checking the mail (nothing...it never comes till late in the day) and doing a couple of things around the house, I headed back to the office. I was starving so I decided to stop through the drive-thru.

Those flat bread sandwiches aren't great but not bad for a little quickie. I got the Southwest Chicken. The chicken was a bit rubbery and had that freshly microwaved taste but I was so hungry it didn't matter.

Speaking of hungry...

Across the way was some luscious eye candy: He was blond all of maybe 23 or 24, ripped abs, tight pecs and nice biceps. I know this because he was shirtless, in jeans and workboots tearing up debris on one of the last vestiges from the 2006 Danversport explosion. Not that I was staring at him mind you (ahem). And not that I went out of my way to get a good look. (God, I hope I didn't get any nails in my tires. Those construction sites aren't meant for sedans.)

Well that's about as exciting as this post gets. Mind you this post doesn't really go anywhere, especially to any place riveting; so don't get your panties all wet in anticipation. You may be in for a boring little let down but I'll make sure to bring you down slowly.

Anyway...back to my lunch hour.

I pulled into the office parking lot... only five minutes late. Not too bad but seeing I had been there since seven and wound up staying till 6:30 it didn't really matter.

I have this thing for needing to make sure I'm on time. It's a bit of an obsession. When I get in, not that I'm required to do this as an exempt employee, but I enter my time on an Excel spreadsheet. I also minus my lunch time and then log my time out. It all calculates and accumulates week over week, month over month, quarter over quarter. I start fresh each year. The spreadsheet helps me to see how many hours I put in a week, how much excess time I've accumulated over the year. By the end of the year I usually have a month, if not more, of extra time. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use this?

Lately I've only been averaging about 45 hours a week. However today after going to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D, I may head in for a little bit to work on my project.

So back to my afternoon...

Like I said, on that particular day, my workday ended at about 6:30. I sat in traffic for about twenty minutes got home to Bandit napping. (He's got the life.) We then went for a walk.

I later ate dinner, checked a few e-mails, farted around on the Internet and then went to bed.

Exciting? Maybe not.

Boring? Not to me. I happen to like my little life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your "little life" seems much "larger" than mine. Had been wondering about that sandwich--now I know. Thanks!

Keep up the good writing!