Friday, September 26, 2008

Left Work Early


For the first time, in a long time, I packed up early yesterday and left the office around noon. My sinuses were so clogged, my head was splitting and I was running a fever and achy. I was useless.

I went home and tried to nap in front of the tv but between the stuffiness, headache and constant blowing of my nose I didn't really fall asleep. I took some DayQuil but it didn't help much.

With the pounding in my head, I couldn't concentrate enough to follow the craziness going on in DC. I watched a ten minute On-Demand show on the underground tunnels at Disney World. That was about all I could handle.

I hate staying home. I felt so unproductive. I brought stuff to work on but if I could barely concentrate on Mickey, I sure enough wasn't going to tackle work issues. I did log in to check a few e-mails but that was about it.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit better today. The NyQuil gave me a good rest, except for the nightmares about a failing economy. Oh wait...that's reality.

5 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

Hope you feel better, sweetie...

afod said...

Glad that you put yourself first and tried to relax. I hope you feel better soon! Have a fabu weekend, too!

dit said...

You poor thing. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. As afod says, have an amazing weekend. Try and get lots of rest. 8-)

Rick said...

Thanks everyone...I feel much better now. Was just a little baby bug.

Greg said...

Friday was a sick day for a lot of people. I stayed home with clogged sinuses and a slight fever. Kept me homebound for the entire weekend. :(

Hope you're feeling better.