Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bandit and "C"

Bandit is doing much better. His skin blisters have faded away and he is no longer scratching. The antibiotics, baths and skin cream seemed to have helped and the food he is eating is much more nutritional, and more expensive, than the WalMart special that I had been feeding him. End result, I'm not quite sure if it was food allergies or the continual lying out on the damp grass that the vet first suspected. Either way he's doing well. We'll see what happens once his antibiotics are done. Hopefully the skin condition won't come back.

On a more personal note, some of you have requested more information about my romantic life. While I've alluded to the fact that I live with someone - that is someone other than Bandit - I haven't made it perfectly clear. Yes, I am involved in a relationship.

To this I have been vague on purpose. While I may make a public display of myself (and Bandit) here on BanditTalks, I don't find it appropriate to disclose personal information about others in my life. That being said it's hard to write about your life when there's someone special, and even others for that matter, that you're continually around. While "C" doesn't have an issue with my mentioning of him, I'd rather not.

As for other things, I've been working hard on motivating myself to edit my book. My old laptop sits on the dining room table with the marked up chapters strewn about. I have set up that "station" to work at as I need to have a separate space dedicated to just writing. Plus it's not hooked up to the Internet. I haven't gone wireless yet so when I'm there, it's very focused. Now I just need to find the time - my perpetual dilemma.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the relationship with "C" - happy for you - and also things with Bandit are clearing up. Love reading your blog and look forward to checking it daily (first thing- actually)

Have a great day - Aaron

greg said...

if you want to keep this annnymous, then why did you provide the link to the newspaper article with the picture of the two of you? Isn't that sort of ambiguous?

Rick said...

Greg,
Good point but that was his decision.

"Just David!" said...

God knows what's in the food from WalMart, it's probably made in China, I'd stop that immediately! And when did this all start with "C", cause I remember all the "club" posts and some of the dates, then all of the sudden...

dit said...

glad to hear Bandit is getting better. Also happy to hear you have someone special in your life. Everyone deserves something to look forward to and someone to love. You have both. Congratulations.

afod said...

Glad to hear that everything has gone well with BAndit and that he seems to be on the mend. I always knew you were in a relationship, but because I never saw much of it mentioned, I knew from the "get go" that that was off topic and meant to be kept private which I totally understand. No need to explain there.

And I understand that dilemma about time. Something that I need to look into. Have a Happy Halloween and a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

No TGIFF post this week ...disappointed :(