Saturday, October 04, 2008

Salem: Halloween Season


Congratulations to Bandit Talks on its 780th post. Good Lord. It's hard to believe I've been writing on BanditTalks for almost three years. Where does the time go? And to think it's October already - the Halloween season.

The fun Halloween season - the city of Salem is a mad house. October begins "Haunted Happenings" and the city swarms with tourists from all over the world. At this time of year getting across town is an exercise in futility. But actually I like all the excitement.

Thursday night kicked off the festivities with a parade. I made sure I got home from work on time so that I could at least get into to my driveway. I then took Bandit for a walk to check out the excitement. The parade started in another part of town and I wasn't about to stand in the crowd for an hour and wait to see a bunch of kids dressed as ghouls, goblins, witches and Harry Potters.

Parade Video from Salem News

The Salem Witch House was decorated to the hilt with corn stalks, hay and pumpkins. Bandit went to lift his leg on one of the stalks and the lady almost had a fit. "Oh please don't go there," she said to him. As if knowing, Bandit retracted his leg. What a good boy.

Well, lots to do today. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit is outside peeing on the newly stained back porch. Great.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Peeing on the newly stained porch? I love it!

This has got to be a very "spiritual" time up there... I am envious! My Brother lives out on the cape and he never talks about such things... I loved the movie with Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock "Pratical Magic" and the historical story of the "curse"... only in old MA could that have happened!

Enjoy the Fall... Rick and Bandit!

Tom from VA

Naked Boy said...

I keep wanting to be in Salem for Halloween, but it never happens. Got close one July. :(

afod said...

That is one absotively-posolutely adorable picture of Bandit. All it takes is a slight tilt of the head and you get that "Why me?" look. Or in this case with the recent accident on the porch...."Who me?"