Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lost Cell Phone

Coincidentally today is the day my Verizon Wireless "new every two" (new phone every two years) kicks in and last night, wouldn't you know - while riding the Corkscrew roller coaster at Spooky World - I lost my phone.

I didn't notice till we were leaving the park. I was frantically tapping my pants for that familiar bulge. I mean...you know what I mean. It was no where to be had.

On the way home from the park, I used C's phone to call Verizon and temporarily suspend my number. I'll have to go in today and pick out a new one.

I'm not quite sure which one I'm going to get. I've been eying the LG Dare but it's a bit expensive. I normally opt for the no-frills cheap phone. Using my $50 credit it usually costs me close to nothing but this time I might splurge.

BTW, the spooks weren't all that spooky. I only cried "Mommy!" about a dozen times. I thought it'd be more. At least the monsters didn't touch you. They just popped out of little nooks and crannies as you walked through the haunted house. I clutched onto a 10 year old for support. She was great and held my hand throughout each haunt. I shielded behind her for protection.

I'm such a wimp.

3 comments:

Maddog said...

As you know I bought the Dare about two months ago. And I hate it. If I could figure out how to get a different phone without spending 200 bucks, I'd do it in a minute.

Rick said...

I got the Voyager. So far so good...I'm still learning the ins and outs of the touchpad...very sensitive.

afod said...

It's one of the things I don't like about cell phones is that they're so easy to lose and contain so many names, numbers, and other personal info. It's like one's life is in those little things. I'm trying to get in the habit of carrying my phone in a pocket rather than the clip on the belt. Seems easier to lose there.