Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bandit Had a Rough Day


Bandit has bacterial dermatitis - a skin infection. The vet came to the house yesterday. Two-hundred sixty dollars later they left with a shaved Bandit, a slew of antibiotics, antihistamines (for the scratching), some shampoo and cream. Thank God I have the pet insurance but I don't know how they'll pay. That was only half the fun.

Apparently, he also had impacted anal sacs. You can learn all you ever wanted to know about a dog's anal glands by clicking here. I'd rather not get into the details other than to say Bandit is definitely not a bottom. He didn't enjoy the extraction process.

5 comments:

Maddog said...

I think I'll pass on the details. I hope the little guy is feeling better.

Stan said...

I hope Bandit gets well soon.

Will said...

That's for a little guy like Bandit to handle, but I know he's got a big heart--and he's got you--so I hope and think he'll be OK.

Please tell him that all of us who love him send our best.

afod said...

Thank goodness you didn't get into the details! Just the diagnosis was "Ewwwwwwwwww" enough! I hope Bandit gets better soon!

Kathryn said...

Ahhh my little Missy had the same thing.. she had to have to vet do the internal method and it was very painful to her.. She's a poodle mix and they tend to have lots of skin problems as well... also she's overweight but we can't seem to get her weight down no matter what we do.. I personally think that she's just a solid little dog.. anyway.. I hope Bandit is doing better.. he's so cute..