Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 1 of My Vacation

While yesterday technically started my vacation - I had a half day - today is my first full (weekday) day off in a long time. It feels great. I slept in till 6:30 and am now just putzing around, drinking coffee, catching up on some fellow Bloggers.

I have a couple of errands to run and also need to do something with the driveway: It's a sheet of ice.

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday: My toe is infected. I have an ingrown toenail and it smarts! I'm on antibiotics and need to soak it a few times a day. Hopefully I won't need to have surgery on it. Good God! All this over a stupid hang nail!

Anyway, I told myself this 2 weeks was about getting my book done. So I should get working. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

tippinthescales said...

I've heard not enough of the book yet, what's the subject and do you publish it yourself like iUnivers?

Rick said...

It's not quite ready for publication. Stay tuned...I'll be writing more blog entries about it in the future.

afod said...

OMG! I've been through this too many times. What eventually cured this recurring problem was killing off that portion of the nail that would constantly get imbedded and ingrown. Soaking it will do you no good. It only eases the pain with the skin being so wet. Surgery does not take long and it's best in the long run. Particularly when one is into sports.

Looking forward to seeing the book. Heard a lot about it.

Happy Holidays!

Maddog said...

Hope the toe is feeling better. If you need a picture of a gross foot to tell people how it feels I can send you one.

Have a great vacation and I have to admit that I chuckle every time you say you slept in till 6:30. Sleeping in to me is sleeping till 4:00.

Jason Loucks said...

Enjoy your vacation. I wish I could be one however I have one coming in January so I can't complain.

Sorry to hear about the toe. It has to be killing you right now.

I didn't know you were writing a book. Good luck with that I look forward to knowing more about in the future.