Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day 2 of My Vacation

Guess how much I wrote yesterday?

Not a word! Nada! Nothing! Zilch! Zippo!

Yesterday was spent chopping the ice off the driveway, running to Lowe's to get more rock salt and, while I was there, fuel stabilizer for the snow blower, to Petco for Bandit's food (he's nearly out), Walgreen's to take advantage of a coupon I had (two cases of water for $1.99 each) and then back home to wrap Christmas presents while listening to Bette Midler's Cool Yule CD. I love the Cool Yule song. It's my new favorite Christmas carol. It's got a great jazz beat.


Actually yesterday was quite the Bette Midler day. On my way home from work on Monday I got Then She Found Me from Redbox. It's a movie with Bette, Helen Hunt and Matthew Broderick. It was pretty good. So after I finished wrapping my presents I threw in the DVD, made up cup of Green Tea (love that stuff), cuddled up under a blanket and watched the movie. It was nice and relaxing. Isn't that how vacations are supposed to be?

4 comments:

Maddog said...

I love the Bette Midler Xmas CD. I've listened to it several times this year.

afod said...

Glad that you had the opportunity to relax and do some cuddling on your day off. Merry Christmas!!

Will said...

Fritz and I caught And Then she found Me at the Music Hall in Portsmouth that has a very intelligent cinema series. It's got a few rough edges but is vastly superior to the usual Hollywood stuff. And Bette is always great fun to see.

Have a lovely Christmas and please tell Bandit that Fritz and I send our very best to you both.

dit said...

Hope you are having a very Merry Christmas. May all your storms be weathered and all that is good get better.