Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 7 of My Vacation

It's Monday. Everyone is going back to work. That is except for me! Woo hoo! It feels great. I woke up at my usual time (5:30ish) because I wanted to relish the morning without having to rush through my coffee, my writing and my favorite time of day just so that I could make it to a meeting.

No meetings today though I do have a doctor's appointment at 10. Not a big deal.

I've been pricing tires. Wouldn't you know I just paid my car off (woo hoo no more car payment) and I find out I need to spend about $1,000 in tires. I've been shopping around. So far I've gone to three places; the best prices I've found have been at Direct Tire. I'm going to one more place today. I'm hearing a lot of good things about Falken tires vs. Michelin. They're about half the price too. However, the lady at Sears told me the Michelin's might be better in the snow then proceeded to tell me that it would cost $1,300 purchase, mount and balance them. So I'm in a quandary: should I shell out more money for Michelins? Are they really worth it? I guess I need to do a little more research.

Anyway, I wanted to share a song with you. Tyler over at Phoenix Rising introduced me to this guy: His name is Matthew Luke Sandoval. He has one of the best voices I've heard in a long time. His rendition of What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? is so captivating it brought tears to my eyes. Take a listen...

3 comments:

Maddog said...

I stopped listening because he's so damn cute. Actually he has a great voice.

tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tyler said...

rick (sorry about callng you ryan...but you look like my ex....ryan)
anyway: note the wistful,heartbreaking look on sandoval's face at the very end of the vid....
peace,
t.