Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Weekend: Hitting the Jackpot!


Finally, the weekend is upon us. How exciting. It's been a grueling work week. I have a PowerPoint pitch I need to prepare for Monday morning however, I'm mostly done shouldn't take me more than an hour or two. I'll work on it tomorrow while it's snowing.

I'm so looking forward to some down time during the last two weeks of the year.

Guess what I did this week? I won the lottery! The Mega Millions jackpot was over $100MM so I decided to play. (Not that winning less would have been too bad either.) So on Tuesday when the numbers were drawn, the next morning I quickly checked my tickets, all five dollars worth. And lo and behold, I won!

A whopping seven dollars.

Okay, it would have been nice to have been more. Yet I made a 40% return on my investment. I cashed in my tickets and purchased seven new opportunities for last night's ~$130MM drawing.

Nothing. (Wanh...wanh...wanh!)

So it looks like my investment (can you even call it that) turned into a complete loss. However, nobody won so the jackpot so it is now pushing $170MM!

I'm tempted.

3 comments:

Jason Loucks said...

OMG. I'm so jealous. I played and WON nothing like normal.

One day I will win. I have so many things I could do with all that money.

Mason said...

Hey Rick--

As it appears that you are about to strike it rich playing the lottery.....I just wanted to remind you of our close, personal friendship we have shared over the years. :)

Hopw all is well with you and yours.

Mason & Jakob

afod said...

I'll be playing once the jackpot goes above $200M.