Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Pile of Random Crap

Here's just a smattering of things...
  • I slept well last night. Hit the pillow at 10 and didn't move till 5:30. I love nights like that.
  • It's December 2nd! How? At work the other day I wrote down 8/18 in the margin on my notes.
  • Bandit's so cute. He recently got his hair cut. Now you can see his eyes again as they give that pathetic plea for food when I eat dinner. He has a terrible habit of placing his little head on your lap and looking up at you as if he hasn't eaten in weeks.
  • I bought Bandit a pale blue sweater with a penguin on it. It's so gay. I had to take it off him. He looked like a homosexual.
  • Three more weeks and I'm on vacation! I love the Christmas holiday. I take it off every year. I'm off starting Tuesday the 23rd and don't go back till the 5th.
  • I'm about half way done with my Christmas shopping. I started the day after Thanksgiving and within three or four hours got a good chunk accomplished.
  • There's a new used book store that opened up around here. Fantastic! I spent over an hour in there on Sunday. Hardcovers only $2.99, paperbacks $1.99. Great selection. You can also shop online but they're a little more expensive - better quality.
  • I'm having dental work done today. A couple of weeks ago I cracked my back molar chewing - of all things - a piece of gum! It had had a hairline fracture for awhile next to an old filling I got as a kid. My dentist told me it could have happened at anytime. So today I'm getting a crown. I don't even know what that is.
  • I hope the dentist is quick because I'm booked from 10 to 6.
  • Yesterday I had back to back meetings from 9 to 6. Hey, why should I complain. At least I had from 7 to 9 to get some work done.
  • Yesterday's lunch consisted of shoveling down a sandwich while scribing notes during a two hour planning session.
  • I was so busy that I didn't have time to go #2. And I was wondering why my stomach was killing me.
  • In boot camp class, we worked out in the rain at 6am. I was soaked from head to toe. I laid out my sport gloves to dry on my desk and stained it black.
Oh well so that's about it. I need another cup of coffee and then jump in the shower to get ready for the dentist. I supposed I should find out what a crown is huh? (I'm a little bit scared.)

5 comments:

Peter said...

Now that you have your 'crown' you're like Royalty, your Grace. ;)

tornwordo said...

Good luck at the dentist. Working out at 6am seems a bit sadistic.

"Just David!" said...

A crown? How glamourous! Last time I went, my guy only gave me a tiara, he's so cheap! It's not complicated, just make sure you ask for the gas as well as the novacaine!

dit said...

That is quite a list. Ouch! Sorry about your tooth. WOW! You are doing well on your holiday shopping. I have not even started. Having trouble getting into it this year.

afod said...

Glad you got a lot of your Xmas shopping done. I have yet to start. I hope all worked out well with the dentist!