Sunday, January 04, 2009

Day 13 of My Vacation

ImageChef.com

Today's the last day of my vacation. Wouldn't you know it's lucky number 13. Actually it's more like 13.5 but the 14th day: the first day of my vacation was a half day which I didn't count in my daily writings.

13 days...now I'm feeling a bit superstitious. No wonder I fell on the back porch last night. Yeah, Bandit's chain was stuck and he couldn't get in the house. So I traipsed outside in my slippers. As soon as I stepped on the welcome mat it slid out from under me and I fell on my side like a ton of bricks. Ouch! I scraped my arm and bruised my butt but (ha ha) I'll be fine.

I shouldn't have had the decks redone in polyurethane. Though they look beautiful and shiny they're as slippery as heck when they get wet.

On a sadder note, today I'm going to New Hampshire for a memorial service for my uncle. He passed away on Christmas day and while he's been cremated and the ashes will be buried in the spring there will be a memorial service today. He was a great guy and will be missed. He was my mother's brother. She's now the last living sibling.

1 comment:

afod said...

I hope your tousche is feeling better since your fall. And my deepest sympathies on the passing of your uncle.