Monday, January 19, 2009

Snowing Again

I spent an hour snowblowing and shoveling yesterday only to wake up this morning to another 8 inches. At least I have the day off to clean it up.

C just left and had to plow through the end caps (for those of you not accustomed to winter that would be the piled up mounds of snow at end of the driveway from the plow going down the street). C doesn't have MLK day off but does have a 4x4. It barrels right through this stuff. My car on the other hand, while not as good, does much better with its new tires. I had just had it washed on Saturday. Now it's going to get all yucky when I take it out but I have to go the gym and then pick up some rock salt to put down on the driveway. I've already gone through 5 bags this season. We've certainly had our share of snow this year.

Salem's Bewitched Statue
(Courtesy of TheSalemInsider.com)

7 comments:

tornwordo said...

I'm so sick of it and it's only January. Here's something weird: The google ad above was for Yellow Toenail Fungus. I wonder why?

afod said...

Welcome to the snow club! :-) I jut hope that the temps are more seasonable for you.

What is your driveway paved with? Rock salt is probably the worst thing to use anywhere except on roads and highways, where the rock salt is expected to break into smaller pieces by the traveling cars and trucks.

A Lewis said...

I'm sorry, are you complaining about 8 more inches? Some of us would be jealous.

Rick said...

Yellow toenail fungus...probably from my hangnail post.

It's just a regular driveway. Maybe I shouldn't use any? It helps from freezing over.

8 inches...and then some!

Faux Pas blog said...

I guess I won't write about the summer-like weather we've been enjoying here. Although the temps are expected to drop to the 60's by mid week.

Greg said...

Geez! When are you guys going to get a break from the cold and snow?!

dit said...

Enjoy those eight inches! lol. Very cute photo. Come to LA, its been warm. But we have a chance of rain the rest of the week.