Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Old American Idol


I can't believe American Idol is in it's eighth year. I watched the entire show last night. Two hours of my life lost. It was the first one I've seen of the new season. I couldn't believe it when one of the contestants stated that she had been dreaming of being on American Idol ever since she was nine years old. Nine!

I'm officially old.

Isn't it time for this show to be over and done with? I mean eight seasons. Even I, who used to be a die-hard fan, am growing tired of it. And what's with the three groups of twelve? It wasn't till the end of the show last night that I realized that contestants weren't the final twelve.

Thank God...they were terrible.

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

I loved the first three. Then, they WERE TOTAL CRAP. Really bad.

Steven said...

I never watched more than one episode of the first season. Plus the show was all the rage that networks (other than Fox) were giving day by day coverage that I felt it wasn't even necessary to watch.

Peter said...

It's shows they show the same sort of crap on both sides of the atlantic. Idols, X-factor, Big Brother...

Anonymous said...

OK, I guess you're tired of it. I'm not tired of it. Should we take it off the air because you're tired of it? How about not watching it?

tornwordo said...

I still can't stop thinking "Shutup Paula."