Tuesday, March 31, 2009

...Out Like a Lamb


In early March I wrote about how the weather had been so dreadful. On March 2nd, we got pounded with about a foot of snow. Well today's forecast is calling for a sunny spring like day in the 50s. While the weather has been raw and cool, I guess we can officially say March is going out like the old adage says. And for this I am grateful.

In harmony with today's weather, I'll be taking part in a new community project. I am working with the city's Planning and Development department on a new board to help revitalize the city. We've hired a consulting firm to foster creative solutions in bringing new life to an area hit by a spat of foreclosures and businesses hurt by the economy. We'll be doing a walking tour of the area today.

5 comments:

Steven said...

What a coincidence with our post titles. I envy you working on a board regarding a community project. Working for a Planning Department, I am more of a facilitator and not so much an engager. Just make sure the department follows through and this doesn't become something that "gathers dust on the shelves."

Ur-spo said...

I hope your April is a fabulous spring month for you.
No lions.

Charles said...

Hopefully it stays nice for you.

tornwordo said...

I've still got a tiny bit of snow on the patio, but it should be gone by the weekend, yay!

Will said...

Good for you for getting involved with community initiative. I think people have to take the process into their own hands now that we know our major institutions look upon us only as demographic units to be exploited. I hope it works out and is an enjoyable effort for you.