Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update

I got up early today to provide you with a little update only to be hung up with a slow laptop. This thing is so ancient it's going to start needing a walker - you know the type with the tennis balls on the bottom. I wonder if they make them for laptops. I've been band-aiding this thing for over three or four years now. Even back then it was at a ripe old age. For starters the X-key has fallen off its cradled. Oh and there's the flicking of the screen which if given a tap (sometimes a shake) comes back to life. It's also not particularly happy with the new wireless connection. It cuts out every so often yet quickly finds service again. Disrupting. However, when it is connected it's not particularly fast. The problem being none of these things, believe it or not, bring me to the point of fed-up-ness. Thus the state of indecision to buying a new one.

Anyway, I didn't wake up at 4:30 in the morning to tell you that.

I didn't get a chance to watch the President last night. He preempted American Idol. I'm impressed. Instead of boob-tubing it, we had a little celebration for C. It was his birthday. I got him Adele tickets, a beautiful bouquet of spring flowers to the office and for this weekend we're going to check out the MFA's new exhibit that I had mentioned wanting to see and then to dinner.

Onto some not so good stuff.

Bandit's got either an enlarged prostate or a mass of some sort that is causing blood in his urine. I've noticed it off and on over the last year or so. When I brought it to the attention of his prior vet they would put him on antibiotics and it seemed to go away. However, it was so sporadic it was hard to really know if the antibiotics did anything. I mentioned it to the new vet hospital and they did a much more exhaustive analysis. The urinalysis didn't show an infection or point to the problem being stones which pretty much leaves the only two options I mentioned. However, there's still the slight possibility of stones not picked up in the urinalysis. Next step is to schedule an ultra-sound and potentially a biopsy to really get to the root of the problem. Oh well. This is the not so fun part of having a geriatric dog. I'm trying to stay positive about it.

So on that downer I will leave you be. More to follow...

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

Aw, poor little guy. I hope it's nothing too serious.

Summer said...

Our dogs are so important to us and such a big part of our lives. I hope the little guy will be well soon.

A Lewis said...

Is that poor little Bandit's picture? I feel so sorry for that cutie pie. My good wishes for getting it resolved. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Steven said...

Unfortunate to end on a bad note after the good news about "C's" birthday and gifts. I hope all ends on a better note for him after further testing. :-(

Charles said...

Rick, I hope Bandit's okay. My thoughts are with him.