Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Night

Finally, I had a good night's sleep. It had been over a week.

C's been sick and nearly every night would wake, nearly up every hour or so, in a spasm of coughing. I felt bad...at first. And then it just drove me crazy. I'm not good with sympathy. He finally went to the doctor and got on an antibiotic and picked up a cough suppressant.

Plus I've passed a major milestone on one of my projects so I don't have that hanging over my head anymore. There's nothing worse than walking up in the middle of the night (to the sounds of coughing) and then trying to fall back to sleep whilst documents, deadlines, meetings and spreadsheets dance in your head.

A week from today, Bandit is going in for surgery, to remove his bladder stones. They tell me he should be fine within a day or two but to keep him inactive for about a week. That's going to be a chore. That means no walks, no playing and no running around. He's going to go stir crazy. It's also going to cost me about $1,400. That doesn't include the ultrasound he had, his medicine and his new prescription diet.

My wireless Internet connection is terribly slow. I should get going before I get too frustrated. Besides it's getting late and I need to get in the shower.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Bandit, try to enjoy running after those big balls as long as it can.

Charles said...

I feel for Bandit!

Ur-spo said...

poor pooh
but what can you do?

get well soon Mr. Bandit.

Steven said...

As active as I have known Bandit to be, it will be hard to keep him inactive. Put that big ball away. Then again, Bandit active after surgery is a good sign, right? I hope all goes well and it is all painless.

Congrats on passing the milestone. Now it's on to the next milestone. ;-)