Saturday, April 04, 2009

Longing for Warm Ocean Breezes and Other Irrelevant Stuff

I love walks along the ocean. The warm breeze gently nudging me along and my feet splashing in the water. I'm not sure why this thought occurred to me. Maybe it's because lately it's been so damn cold and damp that I'm longing for the warmer weather. Well tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better - sunny and in the high 50s. Still not walking the beach with your feet in the water weather.

Alright here's a bunch non-sequential, irrelevant mumbo-jumbo:

I used to be a good speller. Now I'm so reliant on spell check that when I'm not in front of a computer I forget the simplest of words. It's awful. I've now pledged that going forward, if I spell a word wrong and the system tells me so, instead of right clicking for the answer I'm going to type out the correct spelling until I get it right. At least that way I'm not getting so lazy. My biggest mistakes tend to be conjugating words with double consonants like occurred, assess, access, supposed. For whatever reason, being in such a hurry, I'm doubling or not doubling letters in the wrong spots. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know. Don't you feel better? Well, I do.

My other half kept me up all night. He's been sick all week and while his cold is getting better it's at the point where it's breaking up. Last night I suffered (and I suppose he did too but as you know it's all about me) with his post nasal drip making him cough about every 15 to 20 minutes. Finally at 2 am I made him take some Nyquil. After about a half hour I felt like the lady in that old commercial: "I'm glad one of use can sleep". He's still sleeping. I've been up since 7.

Today Bandit is getting the last batch of his annual shots. I'm also going to schedule his bladder stone surgery. Dreading to find out the cost.

Yesterday I got a notice for jury duty. It seems like I just went. I forget how long it's supposed to be good for. I dread going. Actually I went exactly three years ago. I just did a blog search for it. I knew I wrote about it. Geez couldn't they wait another year or two? With my memory as poor as it is, I'm glad I have past blog entries to rely upon.

Anyway, I hear Bandit and C rumbling upstairs. Over and out...

Rick

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

Did you say FEET? Umm.....

And we just mentioned the other day that we haven't been to the ocean (Oregon Coast) for more than two years...and it's only 1 1/2 hours away.

See, I could have commented on the serious stuff in your post but chose to be trashy.

Ur-spo said...

my spouse has the same nasal matters; he is miserable. So you have my empathy.

tornwordo said...

I think it's like a game when the spellcheck underlines my word in red (heh, the word spellcheck as well as heh are underlined red) and then I spell it different ways until I find the right one. Sometimes though, I just disagree. For instance this morning it wanted me to spell "analyse" as "analyze". Nope, not gonna do it. (I'm in Canada now.)

Steven said...

I might go through my whole life never serving on a jury. I may have to go to the County Building tomorrow and beg to serve on a jury. ;-)

I can't believe you remember Barbara....."Barbara, you up? Barbara, you up?!!" "I'm up now." "I don't think I can sleep with this cold my throat's kinda sore." ;-)

Spelling has always been my forte. Until I have to spell "Tenessee" for some reason.

Sh@ney said...

How are u gorgeous?
Hope you are well & happy xoxo

Will said...

I used to have great spelling also. Thirty years of reading student papers destroyed my spelling completely!

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....