Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Looking Past Tuesday


For the first time in nearly twenty years I finally feel stable and really like my life. There's little turmoil. I'm comfortable. I enjoy my little routines as simple as they are -- like reading the newspaper at night, writing in the morning, doing errands on Saturday, bringing my lunch to work etc. For so many years, because of a variety of things, I couldn't plan past Tuesday. Now I feel complacent and at the same time look forward to the future.

I don't want to sound like Pollyanna. Some of us have taken a lot of hits during this recession. I'm not saying everything is perfect. We could all use a little more money in the bank, stand to lose 10 pounds or be a little nicer to the little old lady that's going 15 miles an hour when you're running late for work but those things are minor.

The only really purpose of this post is to reiterate that life is good and to be grateful for it. There are certainly a lot of shitty things to focus on but my philosophy has always been why dwell on the negative. By constantly focusing on crap you're only going to get more of it.

Take a few minutes. Find something good and enjoy it.

7 comments:

Peter said...

A positive post is always welcome in these harsh times, I'm glad your cup is half full.

Summer said...

I totally agree, Life Is Good. Whenever I start to think it's not I remember all the people that are hurting or don't have what I have or have lost a loved one. Life is Good for me.

A Lewis said...

I'm so glad to see someone else who is relatively happy and who's life is good. I applaud you and your attitude. May it spread like wildfire!!

Steven said...

Perhaps that's why I have taken a few minutes here? ;-) Enjoy your week ahead.

Ur-spo said...

terrible !
If everyone was like you I would be out of work!
I suggest you self sabotage as there is nothing wrong here that an expensive analysis can not prolong....

seriously, you are a fortunate man, and let this be!

Scooter said...

Thanks for posting this. I needed to hear it today. :)

Glenn said...

This is a great post! It's wonderful to feel so content, isn't it?