Thursday, May 07, 2009

Accidents No More...I Hope

"Would you like to pay for this now or wait till the results come back?"

"I'll take care of it now," I said now regretting my decision. Why plunk down $120 for something I've yet to receive but being someone who likes to tidy things up, including finances, I opted to pay upfront.

Bandit's doing well; though I have yet to get back the results of his urine culture that the veterinarian did last week. Recall this was because he had had a couple of accidents in the house which, thankfully, he hasn't had since.

I'm not going to call and follow up - not just yet anyway. I'm going to wait and see how long it takes for them to get back to me at which point I'll demand a refund. The purpose of the analysis was to determine if he needed an antibiotic to quickly get into his system to stop an infection from spreading. Apparently it has rectified itself.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here. Watch. I'll come home from work today and find a big puddle on the floor and a sheepish looking Bandit. Then I'll see the answering machine blinking with a call from the vet.

2 comments:

Maddog said...

As long as Bandit is healthy I wouldn't worry about the money. It's his well being that's most important.

Steven said...

Obviously, the vet's office wasn't too concerned about the analysis. :-(

If it was to determine if he needed an antibiotic to quickly get into his system to stop an infection from spreading they should have been in touch with you by the next day.

No big puddles, no big puddles.