Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pining for Chris Pine

Last night I saw the new Star Trek movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found the back story of the fleet coming together both entertaining and well thought out.

This sudden rash of prequels in film industry is quite interesting. I guess the new Terminator, which opens today, is doing the same thing; though, I have no interest in seeing that.

Chris Pine as Capt. Kirk is quite a hottie! Woo. And the guy that played his father was beautiful as well. I was sorry to see him go only 10 minutes into the film.

After the movie, we went over to the Old Spot for dinner. They have great burgers. By the time we finished, it was well past my bed time. Going to bed on a full stomach and waking up burping burgers is not very becoming.

Well today is Thursday. I'm looking forward to the long weekend and my week off!

4 comments:

Tom said...

I thought Star Trek was great as well... Nice that Rick Berman is no longer involved, and what's with Uhura and Spock???

Rick said...

Yeah, that was a little odd. Spock was a little more emotional than I recall but made for a good back story.

Tom said...

And was Jane Wyant his step mom? or was she resurrected too?

Rick said...

Was that Jane Wyant? I thought it was Winona Ryder.