Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back to Boot Camp

I re-started my exercise regime. Yesterday was the first in another six weeks of boot camp. Recall, through my office, I did these semi-personal training sessions last year and even into this winter. I stopped with the goal of going to the gym instead.

One important thing about setting goals; you have to be specific. SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely) goals. At this I failed. My going to the gym goal was more MAR than SMART. However, I did attain it. During my boot camp hiatus, I went to the gym. Once.

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

like this acronym.
I will bring it to my personal trainer next week.
He will probably bitch slap me a bit for the realistic element - that is a don't have much!

Charles said...

Best of luck Rick! I am going to work on actually eating right now that the summer is here. Maybe I'll gain some weight.

Greg said...

Good luck with the training. I hope to get back into my exercise program soon. If the doc says it's okay.

Steven said...

Good luck and have fun with the training. Looking forward to seeing lots of "M." ;-)

Will said...

Tell me he's your personal trainer and I'll hate you forever! :-)

Rick said...

Will,
I could only dream!