Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gay Pride

I've posted this picture from Rambling Along in honor of the Gay Pride month.


I like this picture not only for gay flag and beautiful sunset but for the Amerian flag in the background. I find it to be a perfect match.

This Saturday is Boston's Gay Pride. This year I do intend to head into town for the festivities. I don't normally go and haven't been in a few years. It's never really been me. Over the last few years things have changed: Most of New England has recognized gay marriage and homosexuality is beginning to be seen by others for what it is, normal. I'm interested in seeing how normal we've become at these parades.

I don't want to sound like a prude but in years past I've found gay pride parades to be too in your face, over the top. Flashing your gonads and tits in front of the camera just became fodder for conservatives to prove their point against us - a bunch of perverts.

Well, I'm sure they'll still be some of that, which is fine, but we'll see what other more family-oriented activities there are. Anyway, happy Gay Pride!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Thnaks for coming on board this year...Like you said, it seems we are becoming more "normal"...especially in the northeast... i hope that it trickles down south to Virginia some day... again thanks for taking the challenge!

Steven said...

Trust me, Rick, there will still be plenty of "over the top" clips for the late night news. But it's once a year and sometimes some people feel it's a time when they can let their hair down after spending 364 days trying to impress, blend with the crowd, and be accepted. :-)

Donnie said...

I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer than Kelly for "acceptance" to trickle down past Virginia and into North Carolina.

Charles said...

Yeah, I don't see the pride parades calming down at all.

savante said...

Certainly gives the religious conservatives more weapons to use against us. But I think they would find other ways no matter what we did. Sigh.

Joan said...

Beautiful picture!
"Normal" should be here in CA.

News Blog said...

Nice Post
Gay