Friday, June 19, 2009

A Quick Update, Charity and Some Pictures

Using my laptop has become an exercise in frustration.

This morning I tried logging into it to check e-mail and write a post. A half hour later I found myself still struggling to get in there and cursing as it hang up every 5 minutes or so. I was trying to upload pictures but gave up seeing that it would take me around 5 minutes a picture to get them posted.

I've moved to the upstairs computer which is much faster and actually more convenient. Why I still use that hunk of junk from 2002, I'll never know. I've been complaining about it for years but have yet to retire it.

Anyway, now that I've got that out of my system. I thought I just give you a quick update. Things have been so busy I haven't had a lot of time to write.

As we did last year, my company sponsored a home makeover for a family in need. Yesterday I spent the morning digging up a backyard and putting down sod for an 1850s home in need of some sprucing up.

I like doing this charity stuff. It makes me feel good at the end of the day.

As for more charity, this weekend I'm walking, once again, in the Cancer walk. If you'd like to sponsor me you can visit my page at: http://www.firstgiving.com/rickbettencourt. Pretty please!

Okay, so here are the pictures that I was originally trying to upload:


Chris and me in front of our new mansion (okay a Newport mansion)

Boston Pride 2009

Miss Kitty Litter

Loved this mint condition VW Beetle (ca. 1979)

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick

Loved his t-shirt (click to see larger image)...though could spare the tire

Another weapon against us and a reason why I don't like these parades

Why I like these parades

Another reason why I like these parades!

Interesting costume

Another interesting costume

Stop off for an adult beverage before heading home

Eye candy at the bar (a bit out of focus as you can't be too obvious with boys)


Okay, that's enough. Till next time.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Looks like a fun parade and a handsome couple too.

Charles said...

Charity does tend to create that wonderful feeling deep down inside. I love it too.

The parade is nice to go too but there are times, when I wonder if it does us any good. The last couple years I've had to watch it on television. I like pride because it helps me feel like I belong in a bigger community.

Greg said...

Thanks. I was late figuring out the schedule for Pride and missed it, so at least I got to go via your pics. Nice shot of the point-of-sale computer. ; )

Ur-spo said...

lovely photos
and i liked the two of you the best.

tornwordo said...

You too look great. I LOVE the t-shirt on that one guy too. The teabagging sign - eww.

Steven said...

Looks like you guys had wonderful weather for a day of Pride. You made mention in a previous post about your hesitancy to attend a Pride parade event due to the characteristics usually associated with it. I hope you were able to have a great time/