Thursday, July 02, 2009

Celebrating Friday on a Thursday

God I can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week. Today is "my" Friday; I have tomorrow off for Independence Day.

I've been so busy at work I haven't had time to do much of anything these past couple of weeks but the vacation season approaches which means less people in the office, meaning less meetings. In fact, yesterday I had only one meeting. It was like a vacation day for me. I got caught up on all sorts of stuff. Today's schedule is morning-heavy but then I have time this afternoon to finally sort through emails from April and May. (Yesterday I actually got through all of June's.)

This weekend is especially long. I'm taking a vacation day on Monday. Woo hoo! Other than a cookout/birthday celebration on Saturday, I have nothing planned. It's been dreadfully rainy and cloudy here for over a month. If the pattern continues this weekend (which looks like there may be pockets of thunderstorms) I might go see the new exhibit at the Peabody Essex Museum - Dutch Seascape paintings. I've heard it's excellent. Otherwise I want to be out enjoying the sun.

This past June has been one of the worst on record. We had 22 cloudy days. 75% of the time it had been crappy! Hopefully July will fair better though so far not so good.

Tonight is Salem's weekly (until the fall) Farmer's Market. Bandit and I walked down last week but got their too late - everything was sold out. They have all sorts of stuff from flowers and vegetables to pottery and lobster. They also had a band playing music. It was a lot of fun. We met a cute little Australian Terrier. She was a pup. Bandit was keen on her. She looked just like a Cairn. I had never seen one before.

Well off to start my Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday was my Friday...lucky me. Find the best in everything. The nice thing about all this rain is that it has kept the tourists to a minimum. I'm enjoying the quiet while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

Rick,

Oh my gosh! I seldom envy anyone, but.....today I do! Haha To be able to visit "The Golden Age....." would be fantastic. I am a docent in a museumo---the slide show is stunning. Have fun on your visit.

hh

Peter said...

The Maritime Museum of Greenwich has one of the best collections of Dutch Seascapes, next to the Dutch Maritime Museum in Amsterdam.

I hope you enjoy it.