Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How Did It Get to be July 2009 Already?

It's funny. I opened up my old Outlook by accident this morning and was surprised to see the number of emails still sitting in there. The account is defunct from my old ISP with Verizon. Looks like July of 2007 was when I stopped service. That was when I moved into the apartment.

I found an email regarding a real estate transaction from 2006 that had gone bad: Some guy was supposed to buy my house but on the day of the closing, after I had already moved out, his credit somehow lowered and the bank refused the loan one hour before the close. I was devastated! In fact, he still owes me money. Hence the 2007 email. There's an escrowed deposit that back then he refused to sign over to me. What an ass! It still infuriates me to think about it. I wound up slashing the price of the house just to get rid of it. I just sent him an email to see if he's still around. The realtor had forward me an email from the Dominican Republic. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, that's in the past. Thank God!

Also in there was an email confirmation from United to go to North Carolina to see Phyllis. I guess I haven't been down there since August 2007. It's hard to believe how fast time goes by.

On the subject of time going by, the other day I planted flowers on my grandparent's grave. Apparently, I hadn't been since last summer. I had to cut back some shrubbery and clean up some debris from the trees. Everything grew so fast. Also, somehow my grandfather's stone got toppled over. At least it had been put back on top but it was facing the wrong way. I had to spin it around. It weighed a ton! I think the tractor mower they use must have banged into it because the right side of the base was shift up like something hit it.

3 comments:

Charles said...

Time does move too fast. I can't beleive that I've been out of high school for almost 20 years

Ur-spo said...

you are a kind soul to tend that grave. Few people nowadays care to do that.

Steven said...

I have to reiterate what Ur-spo said. If graveyard managers don't see a grave site tended after, they may end up doing what happened at the Burr Oak Cemetery in Alsip, Illinois.

Almost a decade now since Y2K. Seems like yesterday.