Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Lazy Ass!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning. The damn alarm system keeps beeping that the battery is low. It went off around 4:30. I fell back to sleep and then just got up at my usual time. Thank God they're coming to fix it.

Anyway...

I feel like being lazy. I don't know why. I've sort of been lazy for awhile; hence the added 15 pounds that I need to rid.

But(t) that's whole different topic.

This morning I started to unload the dishwasher and petered out when I got to the silverware. I need at least one cup of coffee to empty the dishwasher; I should know better. The little utensil bin is still sitting there on top of the counter. I'll get to it eventually -- quite unlike me.

A worse offense, I also didn't go to bootcamp this week. Monday was my vacation day and while I could have gone into the office and came back I was quite comfortable in bed at 6 am. After all, it was my day off.

And today, while again I should be running around the parking lot, I have an early morning appointment here in town. I hate to have to drive all the way to work (10 minutes) and then come back. I look at it as not burning all that fossil fuel.

Yeah, I guess one could say it's just lazy!

I could at least go out for a jog or do some sit ups here on the living room floor. Oh but I'm comfortable in my sweatpants, cradling my cup of coffee and enjoying the hum of my laptop.

On a more serious note, I am going to do something fitness wise. My pants are getting too tight. I will. I am. I'm in the planning stages of a major come back. I've just got to find the right routine, the right nutrition plan. I'll do it.

For now let me just get another cup of coffee so I can get to the silverware.

6 comments:

Charles said...

I've now offically been up for one hour. I woke up around 5:30 but didn't move from the bed. I should be out walking or something but yeah...kind of not a early bird. Any way, have a great day!

Will said...

It's the weather. I'm usually jusT bursting with energy and I've had major episodes of sitting and reading for hours all during June and July. Not that there's anything wrong with reading, but . . .

Peter said...

So Rick, when are you going to work on a bike? It saves fuel and you get a trim bod inthe process...

A Lewis said...

oh hell, just leave the little silverware bin on the counter and use it from there. it's easier that way.

Ur-spo said...

getting into a routine is the hardest first step
keep trying !

Steven said...

I had to laugh about the coffee needed to empty the dishwasher. I've gained a little myself and I'm at that half-way point between pant sizes. Maybe I should get those expandable waistband pants? :-)