Monday, July 13, 2009

Long Weekend

This wasn't a long weekend in the since that I had any more time off than normal. It's just that I didn't get much sleep so it felt long.

Friday night I took Phyllis out to the club. I hadn't been in months but was excited to have her in town and wanted to show her a good time. Usually Friday's I'm in bed by 10 - not this weekend. I got home around 2:00 and was then up at 6:00 for Bandit. He's like clockwork, needs to go out and of course have his breakfast. I wound up staying up for there was the yard work and errands to get ready for Saturday night.

Saturday we hosted a cookout, or at least tried to. It was sort of last minute. I tried to coordinate with others who knew Phyllis but a lot of people had plans. While most still came, most, actually all, had already eaten. So after spending a small fortune on food and cooking up a storm, Chris and I ate a hamburger and hot dog and threw out the rest. Nonetheless, others showed up late and stayed till 1 in the morning. It was still a lot of fun but a lot of work.

Exhausted, Sunday I slept in till 7:30. We had breakfast plans with another friend of ours. Chris being on call, had an emergency come in on our way home. I wound up spending three hours on the road traveling with him to his office and then to the patient's home. I napped in the car while he did his thing. When we got home we reheated a few of the hot dogs that didn't get trashed (they were too expensive - from Omaha Steaks...yum!) and tried to make a dent into the vat of potato salad and cole slaw. I think we'll have it till Christmas.

So here I sit a bit droopy eyed but at least went to bed early and got a good night's rest. This morning I have ADT coming to fix the damn alarm system. It goes off in the middle of the night because of a low battery - another reason for baggy eyes. Last night at 1:30, beep, beep, beep! It'll be good to have that damn thing fixed.

How's the cliche go? "No rest for the weary." Anyway, have a good week!

3 comments:

Steven said...

Sounded like a very fun but exhausting weekend. I hope Phyllis had a great time.

Greg said...

Sounds like a long, but fun weekend. I say you should take the rest of the week off to recuperate....

Ur-spo said...

and get some sleep!