Saturday, August 29, 2009

Taking Woodstock


Last night I saw the movie "Taking Woodstock". While it was a little slow in spots it was enjoyable. I was pleasantly surprised by the gay subplot. They didn't highlight that in the trailer; at least I don't remember. Being a fan of sixties music and culture and with Woodstock being the pinnacle of the time period, I just had to see it.

The story was a behind-the-scenes look at the event. There was no onstage footage shown. I tend to like stuff that is a bit off the main focus. It was interesting to hear Janis Joplin singing "Cry" faintly in the distance while the main character (manager of the local motel) argued with his parents.

What was even better was I had a coupon for $2.50 off admission. Leave it to me to have a coupon. For $7.75 it was worth the price.

3 comments:

Lemuel said...

Having been the "straight conservative guy" when all this was happening, I missed out on all the fun. I want to see the movie.

Ur-spo said...

groovy !

Charles said...

Glad you enjoyed it!