Friday, August 07, 2009

What's Going On

Just a quick little what's-going-on:

Over the last two weeks I've done nothing but work and mow the lawn. At least that's how it feels. If I think back at all I've done, the only thing that comes to mind is me being at the office or working from home and me outside tending to the yard. That's pretty much been my summer. Well, except for my camping trip.

I'm on vacation the first week of September. Going back up to Maine. This time to Bar Harbor. We went up there last year around the same time. This year we're renting a cottage on the water. It'll be very nice. And Bandit will be able to join us.

God, I spend a lot of time in Maine.

Oh joy of joys! Today is a jeans day. You don't know how much I love these. No pressed pants and dress shirts. Not that I press my pants or iron my shirts anymore. It takes way too much time. I send them out. But being able to throw on a pair of jeans and a comfortable shirt to go to work is akin to wearing pjs.

Work has been incredibly stressful. I don't want to get into the details. Let's just say I enjoy coming home to my family, my newspaper, a glass of wine and a home cooked meal. If I didn't have that I think I'd crack, besides with nothing to look forward to I'd probably stay at the office.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend! I'll be out in the yard.

8 comments:

Lemuel said...

Among my joys in retirement is having a daily dress code that consists of a t-shirt and shorts. Sometimes I feel like "dressing up" and so I put on socks. ;)
I hope that despite its stresses, that you are able to leave the office at the office and fully enjoy that time at home. It is very important that you do so, regardless of what the boss says.

A Lewis said...

Jeans...the only way to dress.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lemuel...People who cave in to the fear installed by management are not only hurting themselves, they're encouraging management to install the fear in others. Do your job, do it well, and go home and enjoy your life knowing that the world will not stop if you stop working when your shift is over.

tornwordo said...

That's a pretty big yard. Ours is probably 1/10th the size and I hate the mowing so much I'm contemplating getting a service. Especially this year with all the rain.

Charles said...

Still too hot to be out in the yard much. I can't stand this hot and humid weather. So glad to be headed off to work in the not to far distant future.

Ur-spo said...

all my goodness, there is life grass!
I haven't seen such in five years!

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

News Blog said...

Nice Post
Gay