Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Well I made it through the first full work week since getting back from vacation. Now onto the second. Ugh...the weekend was great though. New England fall weather, which I love, is fast approaching. Yesterday I woke up to the house being a bit chilly - 62 degrees. Yet it's still too early to put the heat on.

Bandit had a his biannual comprehensive exam on Saturday. He did well. He lost 4 pounds since his last visit and, YES, his bladder stones have not returned. Recall the type he had have a tendency to come back. They did a urinalysis and an x-ray and saw no irregularities. So that's a good thing. I bought him a little pumpkin-ball as a treat. While he still needs to be on the prescription food and they could come back at some point, right now he's in good health. Though she said he could still stand to lose a couple more pounds.

Speaking of dogs, I'm reading an excellent book. It's called The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. It's narrated by the family dog. If you're a dog lover it's a must. I read three-quarters of it in one sitting. I love books that are both comical and poignant and this one certainly is that.

Well, not much else is new.

8 comments:

Lemuel said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I will need to keep that in mind.
Your comment about Bandits bladder stones took me back to our first dog who was also subject to them and the special food that she had to be on for the rest of her life following the surgery.

tornwordo said...

Spouse wouldn't let me turn on the heat, so I put on a double sweatshirt. I love this weather too.

Ur-spo said...

if you want another good " dog book", I suggest you read " Shakespeare's dog" by leon rooke
it is one of my favorite books, all told to the eyes of his dog. the opening paragraph is one of my favorites.

Michael Rivers said...

I'm always looking for new books to read. This one sounds cute.

I want a dog so bad. Ugh. But that won't happen until I get a house.

tim said...

hey there, love the topic. it is awesome...

Charles said...

Glad to hear that Bandit is good health. It's getting colder at night at here in Indiana and some of the maple trees are really showing off their fall colors. Won't be too much longer.

dit said...

Glad to hear you and Bandit are doing well.

April Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I just hope my dog jack never narrates a book. The things that pooch would say....