Monday, September 07, 2009

Forced Relaxation

It's nice being on vacation: stuck in a cottage for an entire week with little to do is the ultimate in forced relaxation.

I realized how stressed I can be and constantly multi-tasking on the very first morning as I sat reading the local newspaper. I didn't have to skim articles due to crunched time. Normally, at home, by the time I get back from work and in between dinner and then to bed there's little down time. The other day I said to myself, "I have a whole week to read this newspaper." Who cares if it's old news.

The cottage is beautiful. It was completely renovated in the spring of this year. The views are fantastic! We're right in the middle of Somes sound -- one of the only fjords in the United States.


That's Bandit in the sun which streams in through the windows in the morning. He's having a good time too.

Every morning deer trek along the backyard. They're so cute. Surprisingly Bandit's pretty good with them. He just stares and the deer look back. They're so accustomed to people they're hardly afraid.

Well, more pictures at a later time. Over and out...

Rick

8 comments:

Peter said...

Enjoy the days that you still have left, before you know it you're back into the grid.

Ur-spo said...

that sounds divine.

I would have to lock myself in a cottage as well, otherwise I would find too much to do.

A Lewis said...

I love the sound of forced relaxation -- seriously, I dig no internet, TV, anything..... as it was so well put in the song, "The Sound of Silence."

Lemuel said...

Somes Sound is a beautiful place. I assume you spent time in the little harbor villages nearby. They are (or used to be) so very quaint and a lot less "touristy" than Bar Harbor. One year (in August) we caught a blueberry festival in Somesville. What a delight!

Greg said...

That cabin sounds like a nice getaway. Which reminds me I need to take a few days off sometime. All work and no play, makes for a very unhappy person.

Glad you and Bandit could enjoy your time away!

tornwordo said...

Sounds like a lovely time.

Will said...

Sounds idyllic. Reading long and uninterrupted is one of the great pleasures.

Anonymous said...

Well I to but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.