Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pictures from Mount Desert Island, Maine

Maine was spectacular! We had quite the adventurous, albeit relaxing, week. The best was a 40 minute plan ride over Acadia National Park and Mount Desert Island. We took a bi-plane scenic tour. I felt like the Red Baron. I was scared sh*tless yet really enjoyed it. Excellent sites to be had. The island is so beautiful.





The cottage we stayed in was right along the water of Somes Sound, on the Southwest Harbor side . We woke up every morning to deer traipsing through the backyard, lobster boats working in the harbor, sailboats going by and an occasional seal or porpoise swimming about.




We did lots of hiking. Bandit enjoyed the trails. He went on some paths he wasn't supposed to but we didn't realize that till after the fact. He had a ball; note the first picture with his tongue sticking out as he eyes Chris's breakfast (you may have to click it to enlarge).





On another note, today is my forty-third birthday. The plane ride, along with a nice bracelet and dinner this evening are my birthday gifts.

Over and out...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could I would sing "Happy Birthday." But, Happy Birthday. Glad you had a fine time--thanks for pix. You get better looking in each pic. lol

hh

A Lewis said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the pics...it looks so relaxing and so wonderfully perfect! all of my best to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rick!

tornwordo said...

Great pics. Hope you had a lovely bday.

Lemuel said...

A very happy birthday!
I *so* enjoyed your pictures!!!
I should get the name of the place you stayed for future reference. I think our days of camping there are long gone. We need a more genteel place to lay our head.
[muttering "must go back. must go back."]
*sigh*
*grin*

Faux Pas blog said...

happy birthday, rick!

Greg said...

Happy belated birthday! Those pictures look great, and it would seem everyone -- including Bandit -- enjoyed themselves.

Ur-spo said...

Indeed, happy birthday, and many happy returns to you!

Anonymous said...

Yes!!

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed Maine. D & I know how much you love it there...Great pics!!So relaxing..except for the Biplane ride but you saw so much! And at the cottage you dont have to deal with any mud :)

Summer said...

It looks like a lovely vacation and happy belated birthday. Sept. 15 is my baby's birthday too. He turned 23.

dit said...

Great photos. Really looks like you had a nice time.