Sunday, October 11, 2009

Topsfield Fair and Then Some

Yesterday I went to the Topsfield Fair. I haven't been in probably ten years; it hasn't changed much. It's good to see that America's oldest agricultural exhibit is still going strong.

The day started off with me dropping my car off for its 75,000 mile check up. Seeing that it had 45,000 miles on it when I bought it in 2006, I guess 30,000 miles in three years is not too bad. The dealership wanted $280 for the check up but since I've had a difficult time scheduling (they're only open during work hours) I opted to take it to the place I bought my tires from. Twenty-three bucks for the same check up! I was quite happy about that. Since my warranty has expired I won't be using the dealership anymore. Also a friend of mine at work told me about this other mechanic she used to bring her Volvo to. I was going to go there but they have limited hours as well.

After dropping my car off, we headed to the Fair. Going the back way we avoided all the traffic and the mud soaked parking lots. We had a great time. Here are some pictures.



Swines a resting (despite H1N1)

This year's largest pumpkin

Can't believe I went on this!

Screamed like a Nellie!

After all that came home and took Bandit for a walk where we bumped into the annual Zombie-walk. Unfortunately, these pictures didn't come out that great.




Finally, the night was topped off, at the local pub for dinner and drinks whilst watching the Bruin's roar back from 3 to nothing to win against the New York Islanders.

7 comments:

Michael Rivers said...

That is one BIG pumpkin. And no, I would not be going on that ride. I am not that brave. LOL. Glad you had a great time!

Lemuel said...

I have a VW and very quickly learned about VW dealerships. Two friends recommended a mechanic who works out of a very unimpressive building on a back road in a little our-of-the-way village. He specializes in VW's and Audi's and is *fantastic*! Sad to say the dealerships are not always the best options, and there is little reason to pursue them when warranties expire.

Ur-spo said...

that all looks like jolly good fun.

tornwordo said...

Did they have the krispy creme cheeseburgers at the fair? Or how about the deep fried snickers? No way I would've gone on that ride. Anything spinny is a deal breaker.

Rick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick said...

Actually they did have deep fried Twinkies and Devil Dogs. (I didn't try.)

Spinny is not good for me either. I took me an hour to recover.

madtexter said...

Now THAT is Kountry with a K!