Saturday, November 07, 2009

Giving to Others

"Never forget: the secret of creating riches for
oneself is to create them for others."

— Sir John Templeton: Pioneer global investor and philanthropist
---------
Good morning! I woke up early this morning after having climbed into bed at 8:30 last night. I was exhausted. While the work week wasn't as crazy as the last few months -- first week of only 40 hours almost all year -- I was still wiped enough to call it an early Friday night.

Yesterday was the funeral of Chris' Uncle. Wonderful man. He died of mesothelioma, a lung cancer whose only known cause is asbestos exposure. It was a very emotional day. Enough said.

I got the above quote in my email and thought I'd share. I find it so true. We often try to find riches for ourselves but it's really about creating prosperity (money, love, abundance etc.) for others.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

My condolences to Chris's extended family.

Ur-spo said...

I am saddened to hear of the death. I recently had one myself and they are always hard.