Saturday, November 28, 2009

Where's Bandit?

Well,it's been a long time since I've last posted. I've been away.

We just got back last night from a week in Florida. The trip was two-fold: Disney for 4 days and then up to northern Florida for Thanksgiving with my family. This dual vacation in a week seemed quite longer, which is always nice. But it's also good to be home. Unfortunately Bandit is not here. He had to stay at doggie day care. In fact, I'm going to pick him up in a few. I miss him something fierce. Poor thing. I always feel guilty having to put him in the kennel.

Disney World was fantastic. I've got loads of pictures but haven't had time to download them. We did all the parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The new Yeti/Mt. Everest roller coaster at the Animal Kingdom was awesome! I also liked the new Toy Story ride at Hollywood Studios; it's more of a big interactive game than a ride.

The parks were packed. I didn't expect it to be so crowded figuring the kids were in school but I didn't realize that in Florida they have this week off. Plus, because of the economy, Disney has done all sorts of things to entice people to visit, especially the locals. And it's working. We had long wait times even with our Fast Pass. In fact sometimes the Fast Pass wasn't even worth it. Usually the drill is you get a walk-on voucher for about a half-hour to forty-five minutes out from when you request it. We went to get a Fast Pass for Soarin', a really cool panoramic ride over California, and at 1:00 pm the next available slot was at 7:30 pm! Forget it! We waited in the regular 90 minute line instead.

We stayed at the Contemporary Hotel which was beautiful. As kids, we both had always wanted to stay there so not that we can, we did. Anyway, gotta run to get the Banditto's. More later...

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Some day I would like to see this marvelous place.

Lemuel said...

It's always nice to be home and I understand how you miss Bandit. Our weekend included a trip to Canada and we took our princess along. Having her eliminated missing her, but it also restricted what we could do, where we could stay, etc. It is fairly certain that we will have additional trips there in our future. (My son will be working there.) I am now torn between taking her along in the future and putting her in a kennel.

matty said...

Sounds awesome!

Bandit is a doll!!!