Friday, December 18, 2009

Baby It's Cold in Here

It's 8 degrees outside right now. That's right - a balmy 8 degrees! The heat has been going non-stop. I hate to see my heating bill next month.

I've been futzing with the vents. I can't quite get the second floor to be the same temperatures as the others. It always seems to be about 5 degrees cooler. I've pretty much shut all the vents to the third floor to see if it'll push it down. I've also got my ceiling fans, clockwise, to help in the matter. Hmmm... frustrating.

Oh,some good news! I'm on vacation starting at 5pm today! Woo hoo! And...we had our annual employee Christmas party last night. They raffled off a lot of good prizes including am $800 Marriott vacation package, a 42 inch plasma television and surround system, a diamond necklace, an iPod, various gift cards etc. Well, I didn't win anything but after all the prizes were drawn our president announced that due to the pressures of the economy, the sacrifices we all made this year (with fewer resources from last year's workforce reduction) we would all be winners. He then proceeded to say that we would all be seeing $1,000 bonus in next week's paycheck. We all cheered, hooted and hollered. So it was a very good cap to a very trying year. We then all danced and partied. It was a fun time. Nights like that make all the sacrificing and struggling worth while.

What else? I'll be going to my sister and brother-in-law's house Christmas eve. They've extended the invitation to Phyllis, for they've been asking about her. I haven't had a chance to ask her myself. In fact, I've hardly had much time to talk with her at all these past few months. So Phyllis if you're reading this you're invited, miss you. I'll call you this weekend and look forward to seeing you next week!

6 comments:

Peter said...

Balmy and 8°... my first thought was Centigrades [that's what we Europeans do], but then I checked it again and that means -14°C, or realy C_c_cold_d_d !!! Not as cold as a witch tit but close.

Hope your vacation is a pleasant one.

BTW, Wishing you all the joys of the season.

Greg said...

I think I'll stop complaining about it being 50˚ here....

Will said...

Rick, you'd asked about our tree--the whole story with pictures is on the blog. Yours looks just fine, by the way.

I got the ten free trees from Arbor Day three years ago and they're flourishing now in various places around the new house.

Dean Grey said...

Rick!

Hah!

8 degrees sounds downright warm to the winters we can have here in Chicago!

-Dean

Ur-spo said...

brrrr
we are crabbing it got into the upper 30s last week.

mabel said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://maternitymotherhood.net