Sunday, January 17, 2010

Divvying the Pot on a Long Weekend

While today is Sunday, I still have another day off. Thank you Martin Luther King.

Work has been going well. I've been reading up on organization and prioritization (see Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity)
plus continuing to do as I mentioned last week. Focus truly makes a difference.

This week's goal is to enjoy my long weekend. And I am.

Yesterday we had friends over and played the dice game Left-Right-Center. I actually got a sore throat from yelling and screaming so much. You'd think we were playing for big stakes, not quarters. Even with all that screaming, in the end everyone went home with the same amount of money they came with. We counted up the pot and divvied it back out -- guess we're not true gamblers.

Speaking of gambling, we're trying to decide what this year's vacation is going to be. We already have one booked - going back to the Bar Harbor cottage in September - as for something else Chris has been pricing Las Vegas. Again, neither one of us are gamblers but supposedly there are a lot of other things to do. It'd make for a nice 3 or 4 night trip. Since we're big ride fanatics, we're thinking of staying at the Stratosphere which has a roller coaster and other thrill rides atop the skyscraper. We'll see; I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Stephen Chapman... said...

I'm going to Las Vegas in June and although I love roller coasters, there's no way I am doing Stratosphere - looks terrifying!

Lemuel said...

I never liked playing any game for anything but for fun.

Sean said...

Here's a youtube link to video of the ride you have pictured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbehfUGx6Rs

I'm planning a trip to Universal for the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Anonymous said...

I'm going on my second trip to Vegas in May....maybe we'll see you there. The Stratosphere is pretty far away from everything...but it's also cheap. The money you save on the room will be spent on cab fare. You might want to look at something more central...Luxor, Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, MGM Grand area.

Rick said...

OMG Sean, I just watch those YouTube videos...I don't know now.

Thanks everyone for the info!