Thursday, January 21, 2010

Senate-elect...Meetings...Spring!

Not much to really say here today...just a few random things:

As you've probably heard -- the "Scott heard round the world" -- Scott Brown is our new Senator-elect. He's the first republican senator from Massachusetts since, I think, 1972...maybe even longer. (I hear conflicting information.) It will be interesting to see how this election changes the face of Massachusetts as well as his impact on Obama-care. The Kennedy dynasty has ended.

Today I have a lot of meetings, mostly marathon requirement reviews. We all sit around a conference room reviewing word by word, line by line a 100 page document -- sometimes longer, sometimes less. The process is tedious and time consuming but necessary in order to get everyone to agree on what the "new" processes and systems shall be and to make sure it's written specific enough in order for a developer to understand. We rarely get done in one sitting; hence my life in conference rooms. While I'm not technically facilitating today's meeting, if I don't see it getting done I'll wind up doing it. This will probably be the case because our facilitator will be remote. Facilitating presents it's own challenges: Not only do you have to pay attention to the content, you also need to make sure everyone's opinions are heard, captured and keep everyone focused.

This weekend's plans are the typical "getting errands done" but we also have plans with Chris' family.

Spring where are you? We've had off and on snow and rain the last few days. Keeping the driveway clear and the shoes clean has been a challenge.

Okay, enough's enough! Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hi!

6 comments:

tornwordo said...

Yay, we get to throw the 30 million uninsured under the bus indefinitely. Way to go Mass! *Snort*

If I never have to sit in another meeting, it will be too soon.

Spring? Hello, it's still January.

Michael Rivers said...

A snow/ice storm is in our forecast for this weekend. UGH. I've had enough of winter. I want spring too!

madtexter ☺☺☺☺☺☺ (corey james) said...

Goodness! I'm going bug-eyed just thinking about all that reading you had to do. Yesterday, I literally found myself cross-eyed for about 10 second after poring over spreadsheet after spreadsheet of financial info. Not fun...not fun, indeed. I went home with an aching back and a dull headache. But thank goodness, Scarlet, tomorrow is another day.

Anonymous said...

Although I'm a registered Democrat, I am thankful that Brown won in MA. MA needs to be rescued from becoming the state with the best handouts. Stop attracting the poor with high welfare rates, and do something to attract people with jobs.

Lemuel said...

Oh, I hated those kinds of meetings!

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I love to read articles like this. BTW add more pics :)