Friday, January 01, 2010

Toward a New Decade

It started 10 years ago. As some call the geek's finest hour, the Y2K threat. Back then I was living another life. How things change...

2000 - 2001. I was working hard, as a consultant. Yet in the fall of 2000, took a long vacation in Europe visiting Switzerland, Italy and Greece. Came back and purchased my first home.


Of course 9/11 changed us all.

The recession in the early part of the decade effected my company. Work dried up but Bandit was born!

2002 - 2003. Back to work; I accepted a position with my old firm and a new-old career flourished.

Get a second car, a new Volkswagen Beetle...loved it.

2004 - 2005. The summer of '04 saw a lot of fun in Key West. Too bad I lost my camera with all the evidence.

With the legalization of gay marriage in Massachusetts I joined the bandwagon but soon found out that for me it was not a good idea. There was trouble in paradise.

Late 2005 saw me living alone and the BanditTalks blog begins.

2006 - 2007. With the Massachusetts housing market beginning to falter I finally sold my house in the summer of '06. With my car lease also ending I vowed to own my next vehicle outright and got a new (used) car. With nowhere to go and no concrete plans, I moved in with my sister till I found a new house.

Divorce finalized in the fall of '06. I turn 40.

I later met Chris. Spring of '07 sees a vacation in Disney and Long Boat Key and in the summer we get an apartment.

2008 - 2009. After several months of house hunting, we move into our new home (on the day our apartment complex catches fire) and begin a new life.

2009 sees me settled and enjoying life.


So there's a quick snapshot of the last ten years of my life. Here's hoping we all have a healthy, happy and prosperous next 10!

6 comments:

A Lewis said...

Sounds like you've been just as busy as me! Wishing you a happy and safe new year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year

Ur-spo said...

that was a lovely summary !
I hope this new decade is a marvelous adventure for you.

Rick said...

It's been pointed out to me that my definition of a "decade" is not quite in alignment here. But you get the point.

Lemuel said...

Quite a journey!

sophie...^5 said...

Now that's a full 10 years...can't believe all that happened to you...you are still on firm ground...forward ho!