Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Tight Front End and Other Missives

I thought I'd give a quick little run down of my week and what's on (or has been on) my mind.

For a short week, it felt long.

There was a lot happening at work, lots of deadlines, but yesterday was nice for I only had three short meetings scattered throughout the day. I was able to make good progress on some documentation. Being able to spend time devoted to a task makes a world of difference. Recall my war against multi-tasking.

Despite all the time my car has spent in the shop this week, it's still making the stupid front-end noise. They think I'm crazy (no comment): "Most cars that are seven years old make some sort of noise. You're front end is very tight and looks good."

"Thank you very much," I said. 'My boyfriend rather likes it as well.'

Enough...I'll move on.

I've been doing well on my diet. Today's my free day. All week I've been planning what forbidden foods I will be eating. I might stop at Dunkin' Donuts and get one of those new chocolate-chocolate chip donuts...or is it a muffin? I can't remember. Anyway, I've been hankering for chocolate. Maybe I'll buy a Hershey bar at the grocery store. Or maybe I'll do both.

One thing about my diet, which I like, is they suggest having two glass (~4-6 ounces each) of red wine per day. I'm fine with that!

What else?

Bandit is getting groomed today. He's a mess! This winter he's been wearing a lot of sweaters which keep him nice and toasty when I'm not home and the heat is low but unfortunately they mat up his hair. His belly is all knotted. They're probably going to have to shave most of his hair underneath, combing it out would take forever and be painful. He always looks so much better when he goes to the beauty parlor.

Well, that's about it. Have a great weekend!

Rick

8 comments:

A Lewis said...

You'll never know how glad I am to know about your tight front end. For me, it's the back that's horrible tight. But fine.

Mason, too, needs a bath and groom. He's having a great time at grandma's house in Idaho with us...including her giant back yard.

Hugs.

Rick said...

Good to hear you're having fun in Idaho (with your tight back end). : )

Ur-spo said...

no no no to sugar fried cakes of death!!!

Rick said...

You're right...I opted for the Hershey's bar instead.

Steven said...

I know what you mean about that "particular" noise. They always try to dismiss it as something trivial, but when you're the driver of the vehicle on a daily basis, you know what noises should be of concern. Stick with your gut.

I hope Bandit's shave and haircut doesn't leave him too cold in this February weather.

Peter said...

That was very 'up front', hope Bandit likes his new hair style.

Rick said...

Bandit's haircut came out nicely...not too short.

Stephen Chapman... said...

Chocolate is a health food - I'm sure I read that somewhere... or am I making it up?