Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Running late again. Slept later than usual. I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't fall back to sleep till around 4:30. I hate when that happens.

Last night we went to our favorite local haunt for dinner. It was a pre-celebration for Chris' birthday, which is today. (Tonight we're going here for the real celebration.) I came off my diet (as I will tonight too) and partook in Mexican pizza and other sins. It was delicious.

Despite last night's diet departure, I've been doing great on my diet. So far I've lost nearly 14 pounds. I'm shooting for a few more. I want to get back down to my pre-Chris (I blame him!) levels, 170-175 is my ideal range.

Bandit's yearly veterinarian exam is due. I got the reminder in yesterday's mail. Because I pay a monthly rate ($30) I don't have to pay anything for it. It includes full check-up, from nose to tail, all his shots and comprehensive dental cleaning. Not bad for $30/mo plus I get to bring him in at anytime for free if something comes up. All I have to pay is for prescriptions, if necessary, and even that's at a discount.

Alright, gotta get ready. BTW, today is the 24th post of the month, only 7 more to go!

Till tomorrow...

8 comments:

Michael Rivers said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I need to find wmy way to the gym again, and better eating. 170-175 is about my ideal too. I'm around 185 right now.

Greg said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and Happy Birthday to Chris!

A Lewis said...

We have the same sort of pet plan for Mason...only ours is $22/mo....no dental cleaning included.

We are going to be spending one night in Boston (Friday July 9) and hope to gather a group of us together for chow. Keep it in mind.

Rick said...

Thanks all!

Arnie I'll definitely keep that in mind!

Paul Benjamin said...

Mexican pizza is delicious! Everything is ok in moderation. I really commend you for the weight loss.

Charles said...

Congrats on the weigh loss. Wish you could sound some my way. At any rate, hope the rest of week is great.

Ur-spo said...

I agree with Greg: congratulations to the both of you for the matters at hand.

Lemuel said...

I must make a vet appt for the princess next month. It is amazing how much one can rack up in vet costs with a pet!